The Richmond Historical Society serves the community of Richmond, Vermont through its mission to oversee the Old Round Church—a National Historic Landmark—and preserve and share the history of Richmond, Vermont. For information call 434-3654.
The Old Round Church, was built in 1812-14 under the direction of local craftsman William Rhodes to be the Town Meeting Hall and place of worship for members of five Protestant denominations. Significant for its rare design and well-preserved detail, it is perhaps the sole surviving example of an early 19th-century 16-sided wooden meetinghouse. Today it is open to the public during the summer and fall foliage seasons (10-4 daily) and is a venue for weddings and community programs. For weddings call 802-434-5551.